|Black History Month is here!
Ann Meehan with Meehan Mental Health created this wonderful list of ideas on how to celebrate February to honor Black History:
The first of February kicked off a month where we celebrate the achievements, contributions, and greatness of Black Americans as well as the important role of Black History in pursuit of racial justice and equality.
And the theme for Black History Month in 2024? African Americans and the Arts!
Ann wanted to bring you these 5 playful ways that you can take action in celebrating Black History Month!
1. Check out some virtual exhibits HERE and HERE!
2. Up your play therapy game and check out fantastic trainings, resources, and products from Black Play Therapist HERE!
3. Consider featuring a Black Artist in your office or waiting room! Join The Journey of Cultural and Racial Diversity in Play Therapy Facebook Group.
4. Consider adding one of these books HERE to your bibliotherapy library.
5. Add some diversity to your miniatures with this family set HERE or HERE!
So, as we dive into a whole month of celebrating Black History and all the amazing contributions, why not get involved? Try picking one (or a few!) things to kick off in February, and keep the spirit going all year long.